Browse by Tags
» Prayer (RSS)
Showing page 1 of 2 (17 total posts)
Matthew 24:42-44 KJV
(42) Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. (43) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. (44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the ...
James 1:5-7 EMTV: If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it shall be given to him. But let him ask in faith, doubting nothing, for he that doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he shall receive anything from the Lord; ...
Sometimes, it isn’t good enough at all.
This is especially true when you consider the knowledge and responsibility of the person who is given the task to complete. As Jesus said in Luke 12:48, “to whom much is given, much is required.”
The account in 1 Kings 13 presents one of the most compelling examples of the need for ...
There are times when God commands us to move forward in faith so that He can execute His will for us. Exodus 14:13-15 KJV
(13) And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no ...
Luke 18:1-8 KJV
(1) And He spoke a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
(2) Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
(3) And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. ...
Hebrews 11:6 KJV
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
The Christian pathway is one of walking by faith. As we follow God’s leading, He rewards our faith, and we also grow to trust Him. There are many ...
We don’t always pay attention to what we pray for. Too often, we can get caught up in prayers of repetition (which Jesus warned us about in Matthew 6:7), or we don’t actually think through the implications of what we are asking for in our prayers.
“Lord, please grant me more patience…”
How do you suppose one gets more ...
The account of Balaam, the former good prophet, provides us with many lessons.
One key lesson pertains to communication – with both God and man.
Lesson 1 – Don’t Pray for Things You Know Are Wrong
How often do we pray for things that we know are not in God’s will? Why do we presume upon God’s mercy to ask for/about things ...
(6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
(7) And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
At the beginning of October, I began a prayer ...
Exodus 16:14-18 KJV
(14) And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.
(15) And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, ...
Does it seem like we spend more time complaining and wanting to return to bad situations with which we are familiar, rather than overcoming the necessary trials that are on our path? Exodus 14:10-12 KJV
(10) And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and ...
For the past 5 years, my family and I have had the privilege of heading out into the woods for 3 or 4 days of camping. In a tent.
We head out to Stokes State Forest, where we leave behind most (but not quite all) of our technology and other distractions, and spend some quiet time with nature. We did not have as many church ...
This year, I have become more deeply involved in a number of ministries, and I find myself needing a lot of time to get all of it done. In addition to my ongoing duties in Family Ministries and Junior Division Sabbath School at my church, I have accepted a few new committee membership responsibilities at the conference level.
God has many ways to speak to us. In both the Old and New Testament, we have examples of God speaking directly to one or more people, speaking through prophets, speaking through angels (usually to prophets), and occasionally even speaking through animals.
Sometimes He speaks audibly to us, sometimes on the inside, as with the ...
It is the Holy Spirit which guides us into all spiritual truth.
Just before Jesus was crucified, He promised His disciples that when He went back to Heaven to mediate on our behalf, He would send someone else to be a comforter to His followers. John 14:16-18 KJV(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may ...